50p is India’s first independent conference on payments and the payment ecosystem.
50p was launched in 2017 to interrogate critical moments such as demonetization, to question the binary of cash versus digital payments, and to create greater awareness in the ecosystem about policies, regulations and the importance of openness.
50p was hosted in Bangalore and Mumbai in 2017. Our approach has been interdisciplinary where every participant has been exposed to policy, technology and customer acquisition issues underlying payments.
For the 2018 edition, to be hosted on 1, 2 and 3 February, we have taken a different approach. Specific tracks will be targeted to specific profiles in the payments ecosystem:
- Building payment products in India – for founders, product managers and those involved in customer acquisition and retention.
- Banking technology and technology stack used in payments companies – aimed at developers, architects, CTOs and technology teams.
- UPI, BharatQR, AEPS and other payment instruments as well as policies such as DBT (Direct Beneficiary Transfers) for those working on interoperability.
- Data science and fraud in transactions for technologists, data scientists, ML practitioners and analysts.
- Cryptocurrencies for enthusiasts and communities. You can choose to speak at, or participate on any one of the days of the conference.